After sending Steve, Sam & Michael on their way, I spent the next couple of weeks working on major fixes. Some of the key systems were in sore need of maintenance and updating, so I really had no choice
I replaced the house battery bank as they were 10 years old and had suffered from neglect. I decided to stay with the lead acid batteries but got the largest amp hours I could for the space (705 AH Total).
Next, I went through the cooling system and replaced the heat exchanger and oil cooler as well as replacing the raw water impeller. I also took apart the hydraulic steering pump at the helm and replaced the seals. Bleeding hydraulic steering took forever!!
The Cape Marina was a nice place to stay for a bit. They had good showers and laundry, even if they were a ways distant from anything. I rented a car while I was there.